FOCUS STANDS FOR
Not all meetings are created equal. Some are routine, others are crucial to your organization’s future. An outside group facilitator is a wise investment for the former, but a professional facilitator may be essential for the latter.
Group facilitation is designed to produce maximum outcomes by managing group process and dialogue. Our team has a vast amount of facilitation experience with businesses, non-profit organizations and educational institutions, and our facilitation style allows participants to stay focused and fully engaged.
We are available to facilitate the following events:
- Board meetings and retreats
- Management training sessions
- Senior and mid-level management meetings
- Problem diagnosis and decision making
- Team building
- Change management
- Communications strategies
Whether a client wants facilitation support for one meeting, a series of meetings related to a project, or ongoing support for a team or group of teams, Focus Consulting Group’s expert facilitators can help. We are committed to effective pre-facilitation consultation and planning to be sure the sessions are engaging and productive. With a comprehensive approach, our facilitators provide your organization with:
- A well planned process, designed to achieve your desired outcomes
- An environment that allows all participants to fully engage in the process
- An impartial expert who is focused on the process the group uses to move forward
- Confidence that meetings will be focused and productive
- Support for the group by productively addressing group dynamics
- Strategies for avoiding road-blocks during the creative process (or removing them when they occur)
- Assurance that participants understand next steps and commit to them
- The opportunity to review outcomes and results
- Facilitated discussions and meetings are dramatically more productive than those without a facilitator. Our facilitation services are designed to help your organization:
- Stay focused and on track
- Remove hurdles holding back progress
- Foster more healthy communication
- Achieve better, faster results in a more collaborative way, with shared input from everyone involved
Organizations that invest internally in their resources, structures and strategies are agile organizations that are better equipped to compete and win in today’s economy. Research has proven time and again that a commitment to developing people is at the heart of an effective organization. Highly successful organizations have a consistent competency system that provides a common vocabulary for performance, learning and development that ties to the strategic plan of the organization.
Today’s business landscape demands responsive, flexible processes. Our consultants provide a full range of training-based organizational development services, leveraging our years of experience in owning and managing successful businesses.
Services include a vast menu of leadership development and team building courses, ranging from two-hour sessions to full-day and multi-day workshops. Other organizational development services include coaching, organizational analysis (situational analysis), strategic planning and goal setting, assistance in finding and retaining talent, marketing plan development, mergers and acquisitions, system and process development, and exit strategies.
Focus Consulting Group can help support your objectives for empowered and successful organizations, teams and individuals.
Change starts from the moment of choice.
Focus Consulting Group is dedicated to helping business leaders focus on what really matters, while growing themselves, their team and their bottom line. Focus’s professionally trained and certified coaches customize the coaching experience to best support your strengths, goals and individual style. Whether you’re a corporate executive in a new or challenging role, an entrepreneur seeking to grow your business, or a professional in need of some career guidance, we can help.
The tools of the coaching process — dialogue, goal setting, feedback, advice and encouragement—are used in a customized, innovative manner, are very much hands-on, immediate, and are focused on specific individual and business needs. Individuals or groups who are “well coached” develop increased capability over time. They become better positioned to execute both short and long-term business strategies and goals.
Our professional coaching is a highly effective method that relies on a collaborative relationship in which the coach helps the client identify specific personal, professional and/or organizational goals and to work toward achieving those goals.
One of the keys to organizational development is discovering the strengths of your staff and leadership team. Strong teams are created when individuals work together using not only their areas of strength, but also when they understand how to properly communicate with one another. Using a portfolio of assessments, Focus Consulting Group can find one that fits your organization.
Setting strategy with execution in mind.
Whether you are a small firm developing a road map for future growth or a non-profit organization planning your annual retreat, we can help you clarify your vision and develop a solid strategic plan. We can help you and your executive team develop an integrated strategic plan that builds clarity and consensus among you on a critical game-plan for the future success of your business. Just as importantly, our team-based approach to strategic plan development orchestrates the involvement of your key stakeholders in a way that optimizes your chances for successful plan implementation. And as any executive leader knows, a strategic plan is only as good as your ability to execute it effectively.
Strategic planning services include:
- Customized Strategic Planning sessions
- SWOT Analysis
- Values, Mission and Vision sessions
- Growth Strategies Assessment
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- Competitive Advantage/Unique Selling Proposition Strategy session